top of page

Spring Season Update

Dear members of NDFC,

We trust you are all keeping healthy and practicing your safe distancing.

As a follow up to our last update on April 20th, we wanted to share with you further information on the spring soccer season.

We remain in contact with Cascadia Soccer League and continue to monitor the latest updates from BC Soccer. NDFC is under the direction of BC Soccer and they are in process of developing a Return to Play Phase1 Plan. This is contingent on the authorization from the BC Health Authority to start structured play. If we are given the go ahead to proceed by the Cascadia appointed deadline of June 30th, we will be prepared to start our soccer season. Age groups not participating in Cascadia will be presented with a working plan based on the above authorization and the same deadline date of June 30th.

If BC Soccer does not receive approval to start regular soccer activities (including games and scrimmages), NDFC is working on an alternative “safe play” program for our members. BC Soccer is working with the BC Health Authority to determine which parameters would be required to classify as safe play and safe distancing for sport, and NDFC will comply with these directions. Once we are authorized to proceed, we will share the details of the program with the membership.

Going forward, as the situation in BC is changing daily, we will be issuing weekly updates about spring and fall. We have also compiled an FAQ list (see link below) to assist in any questions you may have regarding the spring and fall soccer seasons.

We want to emphasize that throughout this period we have been taking direction from BC Soccer and abiding by their recommendations with respect to any closures, suspensions, postponements, and cancellations. We also are obligated to work under the rules and regulations of the City of Delta regarding the use of Delta fields. At this time, even though the local fields are open to community members, there is to be no organized soccer of any kind on the fields. NDFC supports that decision and we expect our coaches and membership to adhere to that policy.

As we navigate our way through the COVID-19 pandemic, there is optimism that we can return to the fields in some form sooner than later and have our sons and daughters playing the beautiful game of soccer.

Closing Comments & Extension of Suspension from BC Soccer

We understand that everyone wants to get back on the fields and play the sport we all love; BC Soccer wants to as well. However, we must do so in the most responsible way possible. We also want to ensure that our members, affiliated clubs and the volunteer (and paid) individuals that lead them are aware of the potential risks with decisions they make.

Until we hear back from Via Sport and Canada Soccer, which we hope will be soon, we unfortunately need to extend the suspension of soccer activity in the short term.

We continue to thank you for your support and the work you are all doing in your organizations and communities.

Keep well and stay positive.

Information Links:



Gurdip Ibarra, President

Mark Kerr, Vice President

bottom of page