NDSC U8/U9/U10 Prospect Program
As we round out the first year of the Prospects Program, it is now time to look ahead to planning for 2013/14.
Prospects Program Overview
The Prospects Program is a “training focused” player development program for highly committed, like-minded players who consistently demonstrate a high level of technical and tactical abilities. Although “FUN” and overall athlete development are emphasized at all levels of the mini program, players in the Prospects Program are expected to demonstrate a superior level of discipline and focus. The Prospects Program is designed for committed players who make soccer a priority over other sports and activities. Player development is emphasized over game play and competition in all aspects of the Mini Program, including the Prospects Program.
Players train together a minimum of twice per week with one game on the weekend. All games will be played in the Prospects Development Series (PDS) with other area club partners. In addition, Prospects Program players may be entered into tournaments throughout the season.
· Evaluation for the prospects program is ongoing throughout the entire soccer season.
· Participation in the Prospects Program is by invitation only. Players will be identified and offered an invitation to join the Prospects Program at any time of year.
· Players must be registered for Fall once the invitation to participate in Prospects Program is offered.
· Throughout the season, some limited spots will be made available for player movement into the Prospect Program. NDSC coaching staff will ask Club coaches for recommendations of their top players. These players may be invited in on a trial basis for possible selection. Once players are identified, the Mini Head Coach may hold further player evaluation sessions at their discretion.
· Player participation in Spring Soccer (Prospects or Club) is not mandatory.
· Players from club teams may be invited on a trial basis to participate in the Spring Prospects Development Team with no guarantee of participation in the Prospects Program in the Fall of the same year.
Program Expectations of Players and Parents:
· An extremely strong commitment to attending practices, games and tournaments is an expectation of all Prospect Program players.
· Player/ parent code of conduct will be actively reinforced with a focus on creating a positive and inclusive training environment.
· The Prospects Program is overseen by club Staff Coaches / Technical Directors, Ajit Braich and Keith Kelly. Volunteer community coaches implement the training program and coach the games for each team. Each week, teams play one game and have two training sessions. One of the training sessions is facilitated under the technical direction of the professional coaching staff, the second training session will be facilitated by the team coach.
· Any individual interested in coaching in the Prospect Program needs to complete and submit an application.
· A selection committee will select coaches for the Prospect Program. This process may include an interview.
Practices and Games / Tournaments:
· The Prospects Development Series (PDS) is a sanctioned “league” supported by BC Soccer.
· There will be two training sessions per week. One group training session with a staff coach (team coaches participate as well) and one team practice.
· PDS schedules will be issued in three phases over year: September to December, January to March, April to June. For the 2012/13 season, all games were played on Sundays, however, scheduling information for 2013/14 is still to be determined.
· Opportunities to participate in tournaments will be sought throughout the season.
· All Prospect Program participants will be required to pay the regular registration fee of $240 (U8) or $260 (U9/U10) plus an additional Prospect Program fee of $150 and the cost of Kit. This fee will cover additional costs associated with professional coaching, program administration and additional field scheduling.
· When teams participate in tournaments, players’ families will share all costs equally.
· Prospect Program training kit is required for all players and is at an additional cost.
· If an athlete is invited to participate in the Prospects Program during the season, the $150 fee will be prorated accordingly.
While the playing levels between the Club Teams and the Prospect Program are different, the goal for all NDSC players is the same. We want all our players to have the ability to participate at a level commensurate with their level of skill and development, while having a fun, positive experience.
Questions regarding the program can be directed to:
Ryan Galovich email@example.com
Keith Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Brad Bauman email@example.com
Created by: Brad Bauman -- Last updated:Jul 20, 2013